Game update history
12 May 2022
- Cars: Handsworth minor face-lift.
- Map: Crash barriers no longer cause multiple crashes when hit.
- Scoreboard: Added a retry submit score for internet connectivity issues.
- Scoreboard: Share your score from in-game
- UI addition: other games
- Minor UI fix: mechandise screen in shop
- Fix: if connection problems between races, correctly reset leaderboard in-game
- Misc: leaderboard connection timeout reduced to 8s from 20s
12 January 2022
- Cars: Handsworth face-lift.
- Balancing: Easy checkpoint 1 awards 3 additional seconds.
- Balancing: Medium checkpoint 1 awards 1 additional second.
- Garage: Car descriptions added.
- Garage: Slight UI update.
- UX: Added some help tips for new players. (Awards, Garage, Settings control help)
- Endgame leaderboard update + share your score.
- Fixed issue where Confetti pop on awards played sounds when SFX turned off.
- Fixed the rare ability to race with a car that is not owned.
- Real life merchandise added to in-game shop.
- Slightly updated App icon
- Some image optimisation
- Some updates to camera movement
01 October 2021
- Fix for secure connectivity issues on Android <7.1 due to Let's Encrypt Root Certificate Authority expiry.
19 August 2021
- Fixed an issue where car colors would be incorrect if device localization was not English.
- Heavily reduced score failure penalty (10k to 1k).
- Added 2 extra seconds to timer at the start of each race for all cars, and extra 2 seconds from first checkpoint for Easy and Medium cars.
- A "Sharp rock" placement changed in Coastal zone to make going through fuel garage less dangerous.
15 August 2021
- Added FPS control to settings.
- Balanced music/effects audio levels slightly.
- Fixed an issue where music would not reset correctly in the main menu.
11 August 2021
Full production release!
- New audio sound effects from passing traffic.
- Added a new award "Electric Supreme Leader"
- Improve and expanded in-game music.
- Updated onboarding welcome window.
- After pausing game, there is now a 3 second countdown before action resumes.
- Updated road graphics slightly.
- Leaderboard updates. Click to view races.
- Devon texture quality improved.
- Some minor visual only map updates.
- Fixed bug where steering could get stuck on touch controls.
5 July 2021
Mostly behind the scenes tech updates
- Controller support (Beta)
- Added some character animations
- Improve internet offline detection
- Race route logging / start of ghost drivers
15 June 2021
Shop live, optimisations, and updates
- In-game shop live
- Cars: Repaint secondary colour
- Cars: Voltac facelift
- Garage update
- Road optimisation
- Car collision optimisation
- Fix issue with skip button on finish podium
- Fix rare issue where Player Car bounces up in the air
24 April 2021
In-game shop testing
19 April 2021
01 February 2021
The leaderboard update!
- Leaderboard: In-game leaderboard interface.
- Awards: Leaderboard awards can now be achieved.
- Scoring: Score penalty for failing game when score is low has been reduced.
- Fixes: Car control slightly better after big jumps.
- Fixes: Fixed a rare issue that can crash the game after timing out in certain circumstances.
- Improvements: Updated how data is saved on local device.
- Improvements: Time accuracy now logged in milliseconds.
15 December 2020
Big changes and balancing! The game is now almost complete with the addition of the progress and countdown timer. All launch cars are now in the game.
- Cars: New car: Edison Commander.
- Cars: Spark, TRZ, and Saikou visual face-lift.
- Cars: Various cars' health, battery, speed, and handling balanced.
- Cars: Car "difficulty" added; Additional score bonus based on difficulty.
- Checkpoint system: New retro style timer and checkpoints system.
- Progress system: Progress bar added - view how far into the race you are.
- SFX: Some new and improved sound effects.
- Awards: Two new awards for car difficulty wins.
- UI: Brake pedal adjusted to help avoid accidently touching it when holdinng device.
- UI: Various improvements to text/fonts.
- Updated finish podium screen.
- Bug fix: Random car colour not saving correctly fixed.
13 October 2020
C-c-combo breaker! New combo score system. Lots of fixes and additions. New car.
- Cars: New car - Edison Model Ti.
- Cars: Fergatti Markoni given bodywork facelift.
- Scoring: New combo system added.
- Effects: Crash visual effects updated, with visual feedbacks.
- Awards: New awards for combos and overall score.
- Awards: Award list now shows the money reward for each award.
- Awards: Some harder awards now reward more money.
- Map: New visual updates to some parts of map including new buildings and shops - fuel garage & donuts!
- Map: New plants and greenery.
- Map: Start area slightly updated.
- Map: Finish line backdrop updated - city backdrop.
- Fixes: Fixed issue with airtime score being awarded during crashes.
- Fixes: Updated telephone/utility pole collisions to behave like other obstacles.
- Fixes: Minor UI scaling issue fixed for wider devices (e.g. 19.5:9 ratio screens).
- Fixes: Slight performance improvement for explosions.
- Fixes: Cash texture updated.
- Fixes: Car stability in the air greatly improved.
- Fixes: Fixed issue where tunnel entrance could lead to boundary break.
- Fixes: Desert jump ramp is now much smoother, and therefore easier to control car when driving up it.
- Fixes: Fixed navigation issue where sometimes not possible to open Garage from some menu screens.
11 September 2020
Improvements to the game, including balancing scores and car performance.
- Balancing: Failure condition scoring and display.
- Balancing: 100k points loss on failure reduced to 10k.
- Balancing: Cougar Type-5 Sport Hitpoints reduced by 15%.
- System: Scoreboard data update.
- Fixes: Fixed issue that could cause graphical glitches on some devices.
- Fixes: Fixed issue where car's "garage spin" could get stuck.
- Fixes: Fixed logo resolution issue on loading screen on some devices.
04 September 2020
What's your name? You can now enter your initials and all races are entered into the scoreboards.
- Map: New visual updates and additions to some parts of map & new plants and trees.
- Scoreboard: Name (initials) entry added.
- Interface: Minor game HUD UI update.
- Fixes: Fixed minor resolution issue for very low resolution devices.
- Fixes: Fixed minor resolution issue for very wide resolution devices.
28 Aug 2020
New cars, new colors. Scoring and Map updates.
- Cars: New car - TDM Spark.
- Cars: New car - TDM TRZ.
- Cars: Much more control over vehicle colors.
- Balancing: Energy pick up score increased. Certain driving techniques scores increased.
- Balancing: Score of nutmegs increased when one or more of traffic vehicles is "heavy".
- Several minor tweaks to core systems.
- Map: New visual updates and additions to some parts of map.
- Interface: Minor game UI update.
- Fixes: Fixed a bug where very occasionally the red wrong-way wall was visible when it shouldn't have been.
11 Aug 2020
Devon is here! Public early version of the game is live today worldwide on iOS and Android. Available with most core features available, and lots more to come in the next few weeks. Hope you have fun!
- Launch - welcome to Devon the Electric Racer.